Problem: Shared folders with Parallels

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have recently got Parallels (build 3188) and am running Windows XP Home.

I have recently not been able to access the shared folders. I get the following errer message
in Windows when I click on the Parallels Shared Folders Icon:

"\\.psf is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to fnd out if you have access permissions. The system cannot find the file specified"

Can anyone help?:baron:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
You might want to try reinstalling the Parallels Tools. I've run into this problem, and sometimes it takes reinstalling Parallels Tools two or three times for it to "take."

Good luck!

OP
S
Reaction score
You might want to try reinstalling the Parallels Tools. I've run into this problem, and sometimes it takes reinstalling Parallels Tools two or three times for it to "take."

Good luck!

Hi, yes this is pretty much the solution. I've searched the Parallels site and found this (below), and it worked for me.

To fix the problem do the following:

1. Uninstall Parallels Tools using Add/Remove Programs control panel.
2. Reboot Windows.
3. Open Windows/System32/drivers and remove prlfs.sys driver if present.
4. Install Parallels Tools using Install Paralllels Tools... menu item in the Action menu of the Paralels Desktop application.
5. Reboot Windows.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
Excellent-- glad to help!

And welcome to Mac-Forums!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.