Borked install of Vista via Bootcamp on iMac

Reaction score
The title says it all. :blind:

I downloaded and installed Bootcamp 1.2 and fired on with the setup and all that...I picked a partition of 5GBs, created my driver disk for Vista and popped the Vista installation disk into the MAC when prompted. I discovered that Vista requires at least 13gGBs of free space to insall so I cancelled the installation and rebooted the MAC. This did not load up MAC OSX as I expected! Instead I have a message on the screen saying 'No bootable device -- insert boot disk and press any key'. I popped in my OSX disk in the hope that I can do some kind of rescue or something but the screen stays once the disk is in.

Any thoughts on how to resolve issue?

Many thanks

OP
C
Reaction score
Ah, nevermind. I have found that I can boot from the original Apple disk by pressing C during boot, I have set the Mac HD as primary boot device and I'm trucking ahead with the install of Vista - take #2 - this time with a 32GB partition instead.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15", 2GB RAM
If you will read the Vista box, the requirements list a HD of 40 gigs with @ least 15GB free space :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.