Will Windows problems spill over?

Reaction score
So basically I got tired of waiting for them to port Oblivion to Mac so I just decided to dual boot Windows. However, before I do this I have a question.

If I install Windows using boot camp or parallels and I start experiencing the inevitable lag and other problems that are inherent with Windows, will these problems affect my Mac OS or will they only occur while running XP?

Thanks!

Reaction score
If you are running a game you should probably run Windows with BootCamp not Parallels. BootCamp runs XP directly, the Mac OS isn't involved. Parallels runs XP on top of OS X so it will be slower. Games typically eat resources.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
If you're asking about viruses, spyware, etc, then no, all of that will not affect OS X as those are Windows-specific.

Though like Sherman, I also recommend you install Windows using Boot Camp if you plan on playing games as Parallels does not have 3D support, yet (there are plans to incorporate it in a future release).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.