Battery Longevity vs. RAM?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook 2GB RAM, 22" Samsung WS monitor, Apple Bluetooth KB & Mighty Mouse, Airport Extreme BS
Has anyone with a 1G MacBook noted the time they can run on battery, then upgrade to 2G and noted the change? I'm looking for a feel about how much increasing the ram will decrease time on battery power.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.2ghz, 3GB, 250GB - 16GB White iPhone 3G - 2nd Gen 1GB Shuffle
If anything I found the battery last longer now with 2gb from the 512 my Macbook came with, i assume its because the OS doesn't need to cache using virtual memory as much to the hard drive.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Noxion is right, battery life should increase because the hard drive isn't accessed as often.

Plus, all modules, regardless of size, use about the same amount of energy. So if you had 2x 512MB sticks before and are upgrading to 2x 1GB sticks, the power usage doesn't really go up since the number of sticks remains the same.

OP
cramar
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook 2GB RAM, 22" Samsung WS monitor, Apple Bluetooth KB & Mighty Mouse, Airport Extreme BS
Wow! I never realized this. You learn somethin' new everyday on these forums. Thanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.