Surfers linking sites to guestbooks

D

debeas

I maintain our school's web page which has a guestbook. I'm having problems with "surfers" apparently skimming sites for guestbooks and they then sign in with things like "cool site, keep up the good work" and then they leave links to their business web pages. I have a warning posted that all postings left that way will be removed and they are. Is there a method, other than just removing the guestbook completely, that can prevent them from doing this? I suspect they're using a java script or some such just skimming web pages looking for guestbooks to use in this manner. Appreciate any advice you can give me.

debeas

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Pwnt
You could require registration, or a valid email address to be able to post.

OP
D

debeas

Thanks

debeas said:
I maintain our school's web page which has a guestbook. I'm having problems with "surfers" apparently skimming sites for guestbooks and they then sign in with things like "cool site, keep up the good work" and then they leave links to their business web pages. I have a warning posted that all postings left that way will be removed and they are. Is there a method, other than just removing the guestbook completely, that can prevent them from doing this? I suspect they're using a java script or some such just skimming web pages looking for guestbooks to use in this manner. Appreciate any advice you can give me.

debeas

Thanks for your reply.

debeas

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.