application that takes picture when wrong password is entered?

Reaction score
A friend of mine was telling me about an application that takes a picture with the built in camera when a incorrect password is entered. I downloaded iAlertU but the application he was talking about took pictures when unlocking screen saver, waking the computer up, ect and as far as I can tell.... iAlertU has to be activated in order to work and it seems to be bery glitchy... does anyone know what I talk about.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13' Black MacBook Core Duo 1.25 GB Ram 80GB HD
This sounds awesome let me know if you find it =)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2 x 2.26 Quad, 6GB DDR3, iPhone 4
this is cool!

Interesting to see if anyone in the family tries to log in ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 GHz Black Intel Core Duo Macbook, 2 GB Ram, 100 GB HD, 60 GB black iPod Video, 8 GB iPhone
I use this:

Authsight

So far the only pictures I've seen are of me messing up the password...oops, haha.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13' Black MacBook Core Duo 1.25 GB Ram 80GB HD
it stores the pictures in you /var/log/Authsight folder. Just go to Go>>Go To Folder... and type that and you should see the pictures it took.

I'm having another odd problem though. It seems to only take a picture the first time the wrong password is entered. Then after that nothing. I try to lock my screen using the screen saver to test it after it has already taken on picture but when I type the wrong password in it refuses to take a second picture. Anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it?

kba

Reaction score
i can't find the /va/,, thing.. folder..
can someone please tell me how to find the pictures?
i also saw in te config file that you can configure it to send pictures via email?

thanks in advance

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.