pics and disk space? new mac user

Reaction score
Hi guys i just got my mac like a month ago weeks ago and need some help. so when uploading pics it says Error: The files you selected would exceed your maximum disk space alloted. Clear up some space in your directory, or select fewer files.... and i dont have alot of stuff on the mac justall of the adobe creative suites 2 premium stuff does anybody know how to do that please. Thanks

Reaction score
It would help if you said how much drive space you have left and how much space the pics take up. How large is your hard drive?

Also, you say uploading. Uploading to where? .Mac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
I suspect it is the place you are uploading to which would exceed its available space, not your Mac. Where are you uploading to, and how much space do you have there? How large are the pictures you are uploading? I suspect that they are larger than the remaining space on the place you are uploading to.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 2.3 ghz 6.5 GB ram 20" cinema display ..15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Core 2 Duo 2 Gig RAM
I think Mac57 hit the nail on the head. What application are you using to import them, and where is it trying to put them?

Sorry, have to spread some rep around first Mac57 :yinyang:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
gd point mac 57 - rep

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 2.3 ghz 6.5 GB ram 20" cinema display ..15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Core 2 Duo 2 Gig RAM
2345 did this help? Did you figure it out?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.