Ipod Video - Battery

Reaction score
Hi

I've just bought an Ipod Video second hand. When I first turned it on when getting it, the battery icon was nearly all green. I've turned it on since and played it a bit and the battery icon is showing almost empty, I think there is a hint of red. I have been charging it plugged into my PC for a couple of hours now and it is still showing almost fully empty. Is this a problem with the battery? Or would it be something to do with the logic board (I hope not :( )

Thank you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
Hi

I've just bought an Ipod Video second hand. When I first turned it on when getting it, the battery icon was nearly all green. I've turned it on since and played it a bit and the battery icon is showing almost empty, I think there is a hint of red. I have been charging it plugged into my PC for a couple of hours now and it is still showing almost fully empty. Is this a problem with the battery? Or would it be something to do with the logic board (I hope not :( )

Thank you.

From what you have said, almost certainly a bad battery. To find out, run it down to empty and then charge it up via the mains overnight and see what happens.

Occasioanlly iPODs show an almost dead battery when you 1st start them up but a few mnutes later show the true power - it mgiht be to do with the battery drain during startup (hdd spinning up etc), at least that it my experience on the 3G version I have.

OP
W
Reaction score
Well I have since unplugged it and got the low battery icon. I have plugged the USB cable back in to charge it, and it hasn't connected to my PC and opened Itunes, it just says "Please wait, very low battery on" on the Ipod screen, and it's been like that for about 20mins now. :(

Reaction score
ifixipodsfast.com
there's a useful site for gettting new stuff to put into ur ipod i just ordered a new battery its extremly easy (using the video guide on that website) putting a new one in i opened it up and looked at it to see if it was a loose cable but it wasn't. it was really strange the way my battery went dead. if anyone can help me with this it was fine one day (its a replacement ipod 166 days so apple tell me and they won't cover a replacement for more that 30 days i think) but the thing is that it was perfect and then one day it just wouldn't start propperly it will show the start up apple symbol in black and then the bottem half will kind of dissapear and then it will turn off again. it works perfectly when its plugged into a power source my mac or plugged into the wall

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 14" M1 Pro, 16GB, 1TB, OS 12.6.9
IMO, whatever mechanism the iPods have for determining battery life isn't all that accurate. Mine will sometimes be in the red for hours and hours and not die out.

I'd charge it up fully and let it play continuously until it actually dies...see about how long that takes. No use in replacing the battery if it's just the software giving you a poor representation of battery life. I find this is the case with mine at least.

Hope that helps.

-Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.