Annoying finder prob

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4 1.67ghz, Macbook Intel Core Duo 1.86ghz
Check out the screenshot:

picture1my2.jpg

That untitled CD just stays there! when i click on it it says the volume cant be found! Any ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
Try to Click/hold/drag it off the finder window... see if it "poofs" away.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
if that doesn't work, spotlight "finder" and look for the .plist file. delete it (but don't empty the trash). then you may need to logoff and on or restart to have finder recreate it's preferences. if that works, feel free to empty the trash. if that seems to cause more problems (which it really shouldn't), then replace the new .plist with the one in the trash.

Reaction score
were you able to fix this yet? If not go to ~/library/preferences and find com.apple.sidebar.plst. open com.apple.sidebar.plst with omni outliner. click the arrow next to useritmes to un-colaps it. then click the aroww by customlistitems. click the arrow next to each number, and down by the bottom it will say name and say what it is. when you get the the # where it says untitled cd delete that whole entry (the entire number) save. restart. I hope this helps.

OP
TheThirdMan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4 1.67ghz, Macbook Intel Core Duo 1.86ghz
Sorry, was on hols. Just clicking and dragging worked, but thanks for all the help! Appreciate it!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.