dreamweaver help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" macbook C2D; 24" Imac, 8GB Iphone
I have to design a website for my dad and the only way i can make what he wants is in dreamweaver. Luckily i have a copy of this "dreamweaver 8". I just have a few problems...
I cant move pictures to where i want the to via drag and drop i can only use the allign tool and i dont like this, any ideas?

Also once ive created the site how do i upload it?
i have to give it to his webhost

thanks in advance :)

Reaction score
I have to design a website for my dad and the only way i can make what he wants is in dreamweaver. Luckily i have a copy of this "dreamweaver 8". I just have a few problems...
I cant move pictures to where i want the to via drag and drop i can only use the allign tool and i dont like this, any ideas?

Also once ive created the site how do i upload it?
i have to give it to his webhost

thanks in advance :)

As far as know you can't just "drag and drop" pictures where ever. The only way I know how to do this is to create a DIV layer and insert the picture in that then you can move it where ever.

You can create a layer by going to Insert->Layer Objects->Layer. It will then place the layer on your screen and you can move it about the web site. It does put CSS code for the position of the layer.

Once you get the site done you have to upload it to the internet via a web host. Many people here say DreamHost is great. If you already have a host you should be able to set up a FTP user and upload your site that way.

Reaction score
Most reliable way is to first upload the pictures that you are going to use (after first noting down their pixel sizes),
either to a folder on your server or to an imagehost like http://www.freeimagehosting.net/ (free)
and copy down the http address of where it is.

Then choose "Insert>Image Objects>Image Placeholder" to where-ever you want your image, putting in the image size when it asks.
Link the image placeholder to the image.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.