Can I re-partition my hard drive without reinstall winders?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.83 Macbook, 30 gig black ipod, 1 gig black nano, 2 gig blue nano
So, I've used XP like 3 times on here since I've had my macbook, but I thought I'd use it more than I have, so my hard drive is partitioned in half.

Now, I want that space, because it's just sitting there, being monopolized by windoze.

How do I get it back?

When it was originally partitioned and boot camp/XP were installed by my school's laptop center. I don't have copy of xp, but I can get my hands on it really easily from my university, which is presumably mostly legal.

Is there somehow I can just, like, re-partition it? Do I have to totally reformat it? I don't have to reformat the WHOLE hard drive, do I?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Open up the BootCamp Assistant and you can remove the partition

Reaction score
Re partitioning my MacBook

I partitioned my macbook using Boot Camp. I am a computer newbie and I thought I was partitioning my HD at 50%. I recently tried to load a rather large solid modeling software package and I discovered I had partitioned my HD such that only 5.5GB was available for windows. I have well over 100GB on the Mac side and I don't think I will ever use it. I tried boot camp again and it said it was expired. Is there a way to move the partition a little closer to 50% mac, 50% windoze?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
First thing you'll need to do is upgrade to Leopard so you'll have a legitimate copy of Boot Camp to work with rather than an expired beta. Once you've done that you can use the free "WinClone" to make a copy of your Windows installation. Then run the Leopard Boot Camp assistant and remove the Boot Camp partition. Re-create it with the size you want, and use WinClone to copy the Windows installation back. Be sure to read all instructions for WinClone.

http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/25932/winclone

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.