Mac OS 6.0.8 how to install and run apps

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macintosh SE FDHD-RAM4MB--OS6.0.8
Hi i just got my mac se fdhd up and running again i reformated the disk and all
i just want to know how to install and run apps on Macintosh System 6.0.8

Reaction score
For most apps, if they're compressed with Stuffit, uncompress them first, otherwise simply double-click them. They don't need to go into any particular folder; you can put them anywhere.

Some complicated apps may have an installer that you'd double-click as you would with OS X. These have installers because some files might have to be placed in the Extensions folder and elsewhere. IE running in later versions, up to and including OS X, littered the drive with files.

If an app is on a floppy, drag it from the floppy onto the desktop or into any folder.

OP
luap
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I got stuffit of the web site for old macs right put it on a floppy useing windows but i used mac drive to make the floppy hfs now put it on and it says

can you help me here just a bit lost

Attachments

• mac.jpg
    mac.jpg
    522.3 KB · Views: 18
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
NOTE: Moved to correct forum

OP
luap
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
sorry

soz about that

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro Quad Xeon 2.66GHz 3GB RAM, G4 Quicksilver w/Sonnet 1GHz Encore ST, 1ghz G4 Powerbook
Reaction score
Most versions of expander have a self expanding installer. When you download it on a PC do not open it,copy it to a Mac formated floppy,as OS 6 did not have PC exchange. You can put 7.5 0n that SE 30,you will like it better and theres more apps you can run.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.