Free Leopard Upgrade?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.33Ghz 2 Gig Ram 120GB HD
Alright, I may have freaked a few people out with that opening line and I'm sorry if I misled some people! I'm returning to macs and I'm going to be taking the macbook plunge very soon but I've got questions that still gotta be answered! Seeing as I'm about to drop 3 grand on a comp and Apple has a new OS coming out, possibly this quarter, will I get an upgrade voucher for Leopard when it finally does come out? Or is that something that Apple doesn't do? I know everyone likes to bag on MS but they do this at least, and that's why I'm asking.

Reaction score
You'll probably get an upgrade if you make the purchase maybe only a few weeks before Leopard's release (maybe such as it's already been announced). If you buy today and Leopard's released next month, you most likely will NOT get an upgrade. The time between your purchase and the release of the new OS has to be pretty darn close together time-wise. A month probably won't get you a free upgrade.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 2.3 ghz 6.5 GB ram 20" cinema display ..15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Core 2 Duo 2 Gig RAM
I asked the same question a few weeks ago, was told by many that for the last OS upgrade it was a two week window...

Anyone who bought a new MAC within 2 weeks of the official release of 10.4 received a free copy.

Since I just ordered the MBP, it will come out in 3 weeks. :bomb:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 2.3 ghz 6.5 GB ram 20" cinema display ..15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Core 2 Duo 2 Gig RAM
Here is that thread

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.