am i compatible?

Reaction score
I have a 42" Panasonic TH-42QW5 and have no idea whether i have all the spec. needed to run Apple TV. Does anyone have any experiences with this TV, or any similar?

Thanks.

PS its not HDTV

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
Does it have Component video (Blue, Red, Green) or HDMI?

If yes, then yes.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
should be compatible, if it doesnt have those cables you can get converters for just about any cable-to-cable you want
-chris

OP
M
Reaction score
nah, not red blue or green, just the red yellow and white retro ones. :(

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
nah, not red blue or green, just the red yellow and white retro ones. :(

Check the back of it and make sure. Just about any relatively modern TV should have an RCA component input (at least one). My father-in-law has an 8-year-old widescreen LCD rear-projection non-HDTV and it has them.

OP
M
Reaction score
in that case i'll just go for it. I cant actually get round to the back of the TV 'cos it's stuck on the wall, but as I said, I'll go for it.
cheers for the help.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
in that case i'll just go for it. I cant actually get round to the back of the TV 'cos it's stuck on the wall, but as I said, I'll go for it.
cheers for the help.

I'm not sure how this is installed, but you will need to be able to access the jacks to connect your AppleTV. I tried to find your owner's manual on Panasonic's website and wasn't able to find it based on that model number. You may wish to try it yourself:

http://service.us.panasonic.com/OperMan/Default.aspx

The manual should detail the configuration and type of inputs at the rear of the set.

OP
M
Reaction score
Thanks. Basically it's opn a mount on the wall and i'd have to remove it with a spanner and some help to get to the back. I'll risk it lol.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.