OS update process?

V

ViewSonic

I am about to get my new powerbook, and I was wondering how the update process for the OS goes. Do you have to install each update individually, eventually leading up to the latest 10.3.3? Or can you just install one update (the latest) on top of whatever came out of the factory?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
If it's new it will of course have 10.3.3 - After that you just (can be automatic) choose the Apple menu (blue Apple) and from the drop down click software update any updates right for your powerbook will list and you can choose which to install

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
It depend on where you get yourpowerbook from. If you get it from Apple, then it will most likely be at OS X 10.3.3. If you purchase it from some where esle it is possible that it can be an older version of the OS X.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
If it has lower then 10.3.2 on it then you will want to go to apples site and download the Combo update that combines all of them into one update

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
The don't forget to run repair permissions are the upgrade.

OP
S

StarManta

Just run Software Update from System Prefs.... it'll update not only the OS, but any other programs that use it to update. And it's completely automatic.

(And yes, Repair Permissions afterwards)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.