Sony MP3 player support

Reaction score
I have a Sony NW-E407 MP3 player. Only a small thing, but pretty good for my needs as I don't use it that often and when I do need mobile music, I tend to use my phone more.

I've also got a Mac Mini that I bought late last year to act as a Media Centre so, of course, I have transferred all my music onto it and off my Windows laptop.

Now though I have the problem of not being able to get music from the Mac onto the Sony. Is there any way this is possible? Are there any third party hacks around that let me do this?

Any advice would be appreciated! :)

Rob

RTP

Reaction score
I'm not familiar with the MP3 player you have, but I use "iTuneMyWalkman" (http://ilari.scheinin.fidisk.fi/itunemywalkman/) to get music onto my Sony W810i phone. Basically, you just create a playlist with the songs you want on the phone, then tell it to sync with your phone. If you use this you'll probably need to tell it where to copy the files to (in the system preferences)

There are a lot of other iTunes scripts available that do the same thing - if you do a google search you'll find plenty

OP
R
Reaction score
Cheers, I'll give that a go. I tried a Google search as I know there are scripts and plugins around that can add this sort of functionality, but I couldn't find anything that even mentioned my player.

Will give that a go though and see what happens, cheers :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1 GB RAM, 80GB Hard Drive, 80GB Video iPod (Black)
With my Sony mobile phone I put my music on the phone using the Bluetooth on my MacBook. However, I am not sure if the MP3 player or Mini have bluetooth capabilities.

Other than that the only thing I can suggest is the iPod Shuffle. It is a great piece of kit and it won't break the bank.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.