How do you make those bars below your..?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0 c2d 2gb 80gb SD Mac Mini c2d 1.83
Richie! You have gone from red to green! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
You can´t see who sent you the bad rep wich I think is wrong. If you think someone is worth bad rep, you should have the courage to show your name.

You can only see who left you rep, either positive or negative, if the giver chooses to leave their name. IMHO their should be no requirement for leaving a name, although I generally leave mine for positive only. The impact of forcing folks to leave their name would either be as described as above or people would just stop using the rep system at all. Either way, it would become useless in the end.

Reaction score
You can only see who left you rep, either positive or negative, if the giver chooses to leave their name. IMHO their should be no requirement for leaving a name, although I generally leave mine for positive only. The impact of forcing folks to leave their name would either be as described as above or people would just stop using the rep system at all. Either way, it would become useless in the end.
For the 100th time. This is wrong. vBulletin allows for showing a column of the person who gave rep (positive or negative) and I really don't understand why they won't activate that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
This is why Crossbones:

some guy above said:
but if that rule was enforced then you may as well scrap the system as it will only incite rep-revenge. I like the rep system and think it has been tweaked enough that it's at a place where it works well, and all of this has been discussed at length before...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4 OSX Tiger
Really, all the reason you need is that's the way the board leaders want it set up. This has been brought up multiple times and Schweb has said that is the way it shall be. Que sera, sera. Actually the only improvement I would like to see is that a comment should be required for positive rep too, not just negative

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
For the 100th time. This is wrong. vBulletin allows for showing a column of the person who gave rep (positive or negative) and I really don't understand why they won't activate that.

No it's not. Just because the forum software allows for it doesn't mean it's enabled. Therefore my statement is still true, the onus is on the rep giver to leave their name as they choose, you can not see who left you what. I won't belabor the point as to why it is not enabled since I think you were just told twice.

OP
rixx03
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook 2GHz Intel Core2Duo 1GB 667MHz DDR2SDRAM 120GB HD | iPod Video 80GB White | iPhone 8GB
OP
rixx03
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook 2GHz Intel Core2Duo 1GB 667MHz DDR2SDRAM 120GB HD | iPod Video 80GB White | iPhone 8GB
It means the user that left you rep has not been here long enough for their rep giving to count. you have to be a member a set amount of time before your opinion counts basically..

Oh. Do you know how much long you have to be a member before your opinion counts?:dummy:

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
That amount of time is variable, and inversely proportional to the amount of posts you have with good solid and/or entertaining content.

OP
rixx03
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M

MacHeadCase

*Psssttt!*

I wouldn't do that if I were you... Watch that sig.

Those new rules have been put in place because there had been abuse of the system lately.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
yeah, get rid of that rixx. (i've got them turned off, so i wouldn't have noticed if MHC didn't say something)

hint: check my sig.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Those new rules have been put in place because there had been abuse of the system lately.

Actually they weren't new rules, they have existed as long as the rep system. We just needed to clear up some confusion. ;)

Reaction score
I always leave my name when I give rep, positive or negative. If I feel strongly enough that I'm dropping a red dot on someone, the least I can do is own up to it.

If someone wants to shoot neg rep back at me, so be it. Though as best I can remember, that's never happened. My guess is that most of the times I've given someone neg rep, a whole bunch of other people did, too, and mine just got lost in the crowd. :ninja:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 2.3 ghz 6.5 GB ram 20" cinema display ..15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Core 2 Duo 2 Gig RAM
I think names should be automatic for the reasons Todd mentions. Never ran across someone with a red bar...or never noticed.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.