PB Update?

Oz3

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook - 2.0 GHz Intel Core Duo - 2GB RAM - 80 GB HD
I'ma get a PB soon, but I was wonderin if neone knew when they would update the line. Cuz if it was in like 2 months, I'd wait...

Thanks'
Oz

T

TylerMoney

look for something within 2-4 months....that's all I can say...but I would suggest just getting your powerbook now and not waiting...cause honestly who knows when the updates are going to be.

H

HeavyMetalG0d

I think it would be worht the 2 month wait to get that much better of a computer.

T

TylerMoney

I would agree, but there isn't a for sure, and you could end up waiting longer and longer.....and I read an article saying the new ones might just be upgraded G4s. And if they are G5s, I wouldn't suggest getting the first round of them. The first round pbg5s are going to be pretty problematic I would think. That powerful of a chip in such a small computer....heat is going to be a main problem....I don't know...if you think it would be worth it, then wait....I've got my powerbook already, so it doesn't matter...and I'm very happy....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
I got my powerbook 2 months before they did the upgrade from titanium to the Aluminum ones and I am glad that I didn't wait....Yes I sacrificed 133 mhz (867 -> 1ghz) and some faster memory. But what I didn't sacrifice was the problems they were having with Logic Boards and Dead Pixels...Plus I had two great months of use when it was still the current model

S

StarManta

Personally, I would wait a bit - I hear they tend to upgrade the laptops around this time of year, and the powerbooks are certainly due for an update. And I would expect another G4 before the G5 books - an upgrade to 1.4 or 1.5 GHz G4, maybe.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
trpnmonkey41 said:
I got my powerbook 2 months before they did the upgrade from titanium to the Aluminum ones and I am glad that I didn't wait....Yes I sacrificed 133 mhz (867 -> 1ghz) and some faster memory. But what I didn't sacrifice was the problems they were having with Logic Boards and Dead Pixels...Plus I had two great months of use when it was still the current model

The same basic situation happened to me with my 900 G3 iBook, and I feel exactly the same way. Yay G3! :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.