Can they tell the magsafes apart?

Reaction score
I have a macbook pro and im on my third magsafe. the pins got stuck, the soldering on the head became lose and I'm tired of buying new ones. They are giving me problems with my warranty so I am wondering if I can go buy a magsafe and return my broken one. Is there a serial number they look at when returning the magsafes to tell each of them apart? or they wouldn't notice?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Why are you even buying new ones? That should have been covered under warranty if the adapter was faulty.

OP
E
Reaction score
At first they told me it wasn't covered in the year warranty. I also bought used ones to save money. They keep breaking. My battery blew up too but that was under a recall. But I don't want to get off topic.DO you know if its possible to makea switch like that?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Is it physically possible? Probably. Is it legally? No. That's called fraud.

OP
E
Reaction score
whatever. fraud is selling that faulty *** product for almost $100. Go to the mac site and read the magsafe reviews everyone has problems with those things. They are made real cheap, the battery too.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone
my magsafe is fine and yes they are covered under warranty. My friend had his replaced because the end melted.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
I had a MagSafe adapter that had stuck pins and Apple replaced it under the warranty.

It appears from this page at Apple's site that Apple Parts are covered under a 90-day warranty.

Interesting-- my MagSafe adapter was about 6 months old when it went bad and they replaced it for free.

Reaction score
There do seem to be a lot of MagSafe problems these days. Hope they're going to correct them at some point. The complaints can often make things seem worse than they really are, but having a potential fire hazard is something that makes you sit up and pay attention.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.