Safari - Bookmark Toolbar

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2GHz/2GB/CD
For those of you using Safari and have a drop-down menu in their bookmarks toolbar... when you click it, does it not sometimes drop-down the list? I frequently have to click it sometimes to get the list to show.

Its a bit annoying... any fixes?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
No real fixes, I think it has something to do with Safari wanting you to bring focus to the Bookmarks bar before pulling down the list. Similar to selecting a background window before interacting with it.

It is a bit annoying...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0
I don't think there's a fix, but I haven't experienced that problem. Mine always just drops down.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook CoreDuo 2Ghz 768M RAM
I've run across that too...sometimes 2 or 3 clicks to get it to cooperate.
Solved it by using Omniweb/Shiira or Firefox/Camino. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro, MacBook Pro, iPhone 4
Another annoying thing about Safari is that you have to "unclick" a folder from the toolbar before you can move to a different folder. In Firefox, I click a folder of bookmarks in my toolbar and then I can just slide my mouse over any other folder and have it drop down without all the extra clicking.

I really want to love Safari, but it has a few really annoying bugs or lack of features.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook CoreDuo 2Ghz 768M RAM
Another annoying thing about Safari is that you have to "unclick" a folder from the toolbar before you can move to a different folder. In Firefox, I click a folder of bookmarks in my toolbar and then I can just slide my mouse over any other folder and have it drop down without all the extra clicking.

I really want to love Safari, but it has a few really annoying bugs or lack of features.

Try Omniweb. Same rendering engine, but more up to date...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.