Can't access webpage

Reaction score
Hello I have a mac OS X powerbook. I am trying to access the website www.frontlineforce2.com/main/ but am unable to as it loads a blank page. I have tried this on firefox, camino and safari and it has the same problem with each brower. Is there a way to fix this problem? I would really like to be able to access this website. I know it is blocked because of my router, is there a way to open the ports up that i need?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i-mac dual-core 2.16Ghz 24inch, Macbook 2.4Ghz alu, 27" iMac Core 2 Duo 3.06Ghz
Hi RJBEEF
I have just accessed the page using Firefox. There is a warning on the page that it is still under construction so maybe they were offline at the moment you tried to link?

OP
R
Reaction score
No I have been trying for days and so have my roommates one of my firewalls must be blocking it. I think it might be a router firewall.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Works fine here in Safari.

Reaction score
My knowledge of routers is next to zero, but more info is needed for a web search.

Are you sure it's a router problem?

I'd imagine your connection is wireless, isn't it? Who made the router? Any other machines hooked up to it?

OP
R
Reaction score
Well I live in an apartment complex where the internet is capped and regulated by Pavlov Media. I have a 4 bedroom apartment all my roomates have pcs and we connect to a router in our laundry room that is made by Buffalo called Turbo G. I connect wirelessly to my own router (D-link) that directly connects to the Buffalo router.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
How do you have the Dlink connected to the Buffalo? Be sure you are going through one of the LAN ports on your Dlink and not the WAN.

OP
R
Reaction score
The Buffalo router is connected to the modem, my d-link router is connected through the wall which in turn connects to the buffalo router.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The Buffalo router is connected to the modem, my d-link router is connected through the wall which in turn connects to the buffalo router.

What I asked was what PORT on the Dlink do you have the cable from the buffalo plugged into? Most Dlinks have 4 LAN ports and 1 WAN. Sometimes WAN is labeled Internet.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Basically you are plugging 2 routers together. That will cause issues. Seen it many times. You want the Buffalo in the apartment to plug into one of the LAN ports of the Dlink. Another thing is if the Buffalo is using DHCP to hand out IP's, it would be a good idea to turn off DHCP in the Dlink. What I just suggested will make the Dlink just an Access Point for the Buffalo. I have seen routers connected the way you have them and seen all sorts of problems.

I know you want Wifi, but just for a test, plug in the cable from the Buffalo into the Ethernet jack on the Powerbook. See if all pages then load.

OP
R
Reaction score
Removed the DHCP, now my xbox can no longer connect to xbox live and i still cant connect to the website and now i cant connect to my router via 192.168.0.1 :-(

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Something was either done the wrong way or that other router is not assigning IP's but it would have to considering all the computers that connect with it. The way I told you is the only proper way for it to work. You can't have 2 routers feeding WAN ports without issues. That is also the exact way my network here and every network I have set up is and all work perfectally. I wish I would help more but I am not sure what exactly you did. You can reset the router and start over but you can not plug the LAN into the WAN port and have it work properly.

How I set up a router as an Access point here is to connect it all alone to a computer and access it with a browser the way it should be and save each page. Did you try the cable right from the Apartment router into your Powerbook? If you get an IP and can surf all the pages, you know it has DHCP and will work with an access point.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.