GPS app?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
BlackBook, 120G , 2Gram, 2.0Ghz DuoCore, superdrive, Green 6G mini, 30G, 80G ipod
There are quite a few affordable apps for windows based gps systems. I am looking for a direct OS App though. I am not interested in running parallels and I was curious if anyone had any idea on rumors or upcoming gps mac apps?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video
I think it's more a recording your position form where yo took a photos app this one but it's a neat idea.

OP
Kav Ky
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
BlackBook, 120G , 2Gram, 2.0Ghz DuoCore, superdrive, Green 6G mini, 30G, 80G ipod
so not to come off dumb here, all I would need is that program and a usb gps satelitte sensor? It says gps device... so I wasn't sure. What I am trying to avoid is buying a portable dash or window mount if I can get away with using my mac.

I am a working road comic and I want to use gps to get away from fumbling papers from mapquest is what it comes down too. Thanks for any and all input up front :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video
You'll need a digital map and at least a handheld GPS (Garmin seem to have more support than Magellan). then you can use both to navigate with.It may be cheaper in the long run to buy a dedicated system like TomTom for example if you just need it for road navigation and not in terrain

OP
Kav Ky
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
thank you i guess what i was looking for was a direct replacement by using just a usb satelitte plug in. They work well for the PC but I want one for the mac.. I use this little guy for everything else in my life it seems! Thanks for the input, any other suggestions keep them coming.

OP
Kav Ky
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i don't understand much about the gps. But I saw the garmin 18 is compatible with the above listed application. The garmin 18 is just a satelitte reciever like I expected, but not sure if the app works exactly like a regular gps program of enter an address and go to it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Good links MHC

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.