Time Change Update for OS X 10.3.7?

Reaction score
hey everyone.

I am a new member here, and I am not even sure if this is in the right place...but here I go anyway

I currently have an Apple Ibook G4 with OS X 10.3.7

I don't use it for the internet and so it doesn't have any internet browsers installed on it at all (explorer, firefox etc) and I am not even sure if it has a wireless card that works or anything. I like to write and so all I use it for is writing, listening to music and occasionally watching DVD's. I really only use Microsoft Word, ITunes, The DVD player and the calendar once in a while. It only has a few other programs even installed on it. I looked on the Apple website, and I saw there were updates for the time zone changes, however the only ones I could find were for OS X 10.3.9 or higher. I don't have internet at my little student apartment (right now I am using the internet at my school's computer lab) and so I can't download OS X 10.3.8 and then 10.3.9...plus I have never had a problem with my computer at all (except when there was a battery recalled and I had to order a new one) until now. The clocked changed last night because it is still set for the old daylight savings time. I don't really want to go through all the trouble of upgrading it (twice) as my laptop works fine and I don't really need to.

Does anyone know if there is a patch or some other program (which is a DMG file) that I could download that would update the daylight savings time changes on my computer (I could get away with downloading that at school) I found one, however it was a zip file...which would not work on my computer. If not, is there any way I can stop my computer from changing automatically, so then I can just update it manually when the time changes? (and not have to worry about it changing back later)

Thanks for all your help :)
-Flutterby

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" C2D 2.4 ghz 2gb iMac 20" C2D 2GB 256MB Graphics Macbook C2D 2GB Powermac G4 Dual 450
why don't you download 10.3.8 and 10.3.9 using the internet you used to post this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
Take it into an Apple Store, and they'll probably let you borrow their connection. Or ask a friend and have them burn the 10.3.9 Combo updated, and the DST updater, to CD for you. It'll work even if they burn the downloads from a PC.

Reaction score
why don't you download 10.3.8 and 10.3.9 using the internet you used to post this?

I believe the original poster said they were at school using the computer lab? (and that she doesn't have internet access at her student residence right now) If that is the case, then they cannot download 10.3.8 and 10.3.9 because at most college and university computer labs students are not allowed to use the school's computer lab to download anything such as music, movies, software etc. I know this is the case at my university. Sometimes (very rarely) they can get away with downloading very very small files, however there is no way they would be allowed to download files as large as 10.3.8 or 10.3.9 This poster may not have the option of going to an Apple Store either, if there isn't one near where they live.
Also, if the original poster is happy with 10.3.7, then they may not feel the need to update their system.

In any case, one of my cousins had the same problem. Her system is also pre-10.3.9, and she had a very hard time finding an DST update (She said Apple was no help to her at all) She was all ready to go through all the upgrades to get to 10.3.9 and then she found the a DST update patch for systems pre-10.3.9 at this website: http://www.afp548.com/article.php?story=20070128143720897 (it is the first patch or the second one if you want it for Java) She says it worked great...it switched her clock forward an hour on the new DST date, and her clock did NOT change over on the old date when the time would have changed. She even moved her calendar ahead to test the patch and she said it worked perfectly

Hope this helps!

M

MacHeadCase

Welcome to Mac-Forums, Bethany11!

Excellent first post and good catch! I hope you like it here as much as I do and that you stick around!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.