• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

April Fools, Any Good Pranks?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
I figured it would be fun for us all to share what pranks we played on people today or what pranks were played on you..

First thing this morning when I woke up to put my glasses on they were covered in lipstick so I could not see a darn thing.. I got into the bathroom and got them clean and noticed my wife thought it would be funny to put makeup all over my face. So after I got off the lipstick/blush/eyeliner off my face I thought it would be nice to let the dogs out to do their business. Bad Idea, my wife had filled half of my shoes with these little hard candy balls you put on the top of cakes.. After I got back inside with the dogs I figured I would check my email. once again that was a bad idea. She again thought it would be funny to turn my wallpaper picture into a toilet filled with feces.

all and all it has been a fun day but all I have been able to come up with to get her back was burning her poptarts.. anyone have any suggestions?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0ghz coeduo 1GB RAM 80 GB HD SuperDrive
and oldy but goodie is putting koolaid mix in the showerhead.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air | iPad | iPhone | iPod Classic | iPod Shuffle | no more money
I was the victim of a rather cruel April fools prank.

Last night, my self and one of my uncles were having a good old time in the pubs on the high street down the road from my mums place. We crashed back at my mums place sometime after 1am - I think I must have fallen asleep at about 2am.

At around 8am my youngest sister comes crashing into the room screaming that my mum has fallen over - now I should point out that my mum requires the use of either her sticks or a wheelchair all the time and has had some really nasty falls in the past - so once the shock of being woken like this wore off I started trying to put some clothing on before I went to help her.

My sister storms in again saying 'hurry up I can't get her up' and then I hear my mum 'groan in pain' - I'm still pretty dazed from not enough sleep/such a sudden way to be awoken.

I finally stumble out of the room and they are both just sat there and say 'April Fools' and laugh.

How horrible/stupid is that?

Have they not heard about 'The boy who cried wolf'?

My heart was pounding I'm not sure if it was due to the shock caused by the way I was woken or because of what I thought had happened - I was not best pleased! :(

As April fools pranks go - I thought that was a pretty stupid thing to do.

Reaction score
I was the victim of a rather cruel April fools prank.

Last night, my self and one of my uncles were having a good old time in the pubs on the high street down the road from my mums place. We crashed back at my mums place sometime after 1am - I think I must have fallen asleep at about 2am.

At around 8am my youngest sister comes crashing into the room screaming that my mum has fallen over - now I should point out that my mum requires the use of either her sticks or a wheelchair all the time and has had some really nasty falls in the past - so once the shock of being woken like this wore off I started trying to put some clothing on before I went to help her.

My sister storms in again saying 'hurry up I can't get her up' and then I hear my mum 'groan in pain' - I'm still pretty dazed from not enough sleep/such a sudden way to be awoken.

I finally stumble out of the room and they are both just sat there and say 'April Fools' and laugh.

How horrible/stupid is that?

Have they not heard about 'The boy who cried wolf'?

My heart was pounding I'm not sure if it was due to the shock caused by the way I was woken or because of what I thought had happened - I was not best pleased! :(

As April fools pranks go - I thought that was a pretty stupid thing to do.
Ya.. that is mean! Is your mom alright?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac--OSX 10.6.7
Leopard is delayed!

April Fool!

capture.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
practical jokes are often neither funny nor practical.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
- Macbook -
I must admit, I was fooled by the Gmail paper gag for a second! and I agree the Mum falling over practical joke was a bit cruel on you RNDdave :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
I think a lot of people are in for a big prank on Cartoon Network tonight.
The past couple of weeks they have been hyping the ATHF movie, claiming that they are going to air it on television before it hits theaters. Supposedly it airs tonight at 10:00 PM EST.
I for one, don't really think it will but rather some sort of [adult swim] bump or other spot will air with an "April Fools" message.
:black:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air | iPad | iPhone | iPod Classic | iPod Shuffle | no more money
Ya.. that is mean! Is your mom alright?

Yup - there was nothing wrong with her - apparently my youngest sister (14) also sent a text to my other sister (26) telling her she doesn't know how to tell mum, but she's pregnant - again this was not true. :radioacti

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4 - little but full of spunk
I must admit, I was fooled by the Gmail paper gag for a second! and I agree the Mum falling over practical joke was a bit cruel on you RNDdave :(

I was curious why Gmail was doing such a silly thing. Now I know. I guess I feel for it too.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook CoreDuo
I figured it would be fun for us all to share what pranks we played on people today or what pranks were played on you..

First thing this morning when I woke up to put my glasses on they were covered in lipstick so I could not see a darn thing.. I got into the bathroom and got them clean and noticed my wife thought it would be funny to put makeup all over my face. So after I got off the lipstick/blush/eyeliner off my face I thought it would be nice to let the dogs out to do their business. Bad Idea, my wife had filled half of my shoes with these little hard candy balls you put on the top of cakes.. After I got back inside with the dogs I figured I would check my email. once again that was a bad idea. She again thought it would be funny to turn my wallpaper picture into a toilet filled with feces.

all and all it has been a fun day but all I have been able to come up with to get her back was burning her poptarts.. anyone have any suggestions?

I think it would have been funny to do the makeup and then reset your alarm clock to make you late for work :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
I was always fond of putting a rubber band over the kitchen sink splrinkle handle thingy, and aiming it at the user.
When the user turns on the faucet, the little handle delivers a big surprise.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" MBP Core2 Duo, 2.33MHZ, 160GB HD, 2GB RAM, ATI X1600 256 MB
I've found most april fools pranks to be sort of mean. I like a good laugh, but Koolaid in the shower head is at least harmless - and funny :)

But if I had a morning like KoDorSean did, I would have been seriously ******.

We heard on the radio that A-Rod had been traded a year early - I wish I had a picture of my son's jaw drop...(he's a die-hard yankees fan)...now THAT was funny ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Get some of the fake bean/meat product at 7-11. It despenses out of the machine next to the fake cheese product dispenser. The meat/bean looks like cat feces. Place it in the corner of the kitchen, next to some chicken bones.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Place a sign on the lawn across the street: "For Sale By Neighbors"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
I just told my roommate his parents died in a terrible car crash.

Not really.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 AGP 400 MHz 1.34gb RAM
This is a little late, but the following is the conversation I had with the Mercury Insurance on April 1st.
I am not making this up. I decided to call, because I am fed up with their advertising about the aliens.

BTW, no giggling or laughing went on. It was a serious conversation.

I called Mercury Insurance for an auto insurance quote:
— Hi, this is Mercury ins. may I help you.
— I like to know if you would provide ins. coverage for my car if an astroid hit it?
— Really? Is that what happened?
— I am asking just in case, because I heard it on the news a few days ago that one hit a parked car. (I actually heard and saw the news).
— If it is in your ins. coverage, then we would cover the accident.
— OK, thank you.
— Would you like me to take a report?
— No, thank you, I was just asking to make sure.
— You are welcome.

I think, the person was just following the script.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.