Wireless card

• Thread starter Quintheeskimo66
  • Start date
Q

Quintheeskimo66

Hi,
I recently aquired my first Mac, it's a G3 Wallstreet Powerbook. I'm looking for a card that I can connect to my D-link wireless router. It's 802.11b. I can't get the D-link cards that I used in my Windows laptop to work, and the D-link people say they don't support Mac for my configuration.
Does anyone know of a good 802.11b compliant card that I can use? I don't think my Wallstreet will accept the airport card. At least not internally. Can I use the airport card in the PC card slot?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
You can look into one of the MacWireless cards, or the Proxim Orinoco Silver card.

OP
Q

Quintheeskimo66

Thanks for the info. I've been doing some research and I like the sound of the Orinoco Silver card. The only problem that I've found is that I can't find where it is compatable with Mac. Where can I get drivers for it?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
Quintheeskimo66 said:
Thanks for the info. I've been doing some research and I like the sound of the Orinoco Silver card. The only problem that I've found is that I can't find where it is compatable with Mac. Where can I get drivers for it?

Thanks

There's some good info here about using wireless cards (including the Orinoco Silver) with the Wallstreet: http://homepage.mac.com/techedgeezine/cart_mac_pb4.html

OP
Q

Quintheeskimo66

WOW! that's some great information in that web site. I went back and read the first article as well. Now I'm all psyched up to go out and upgrade my G3 to the max.
Looks like I'm headed back to the blood bank to sell a few more pints to pay for the upgrades. ;)

Thanks again Padawan, you have been a great help to a newbie.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.