Mail is acting strangly

Reaction score
so. yesterdy several email accounts that I have in Mail started being a bit strange. since I hadnt shut down in a good while I just Quit Mail and then reopenned it. After it restarted things were very different. the problems I was having were not remedied and the way that mail hanndles my accounts had chnged. Did a system restart. no change.

I think I have a corrupt pref file for mail.

Could someone please point me to the pref file for Mail and also Kerberos 4 and 5 if you know where they are.

Thanks.

OP
Sheehan
Reaction score
Another interesting note is that after that first restart and now again after the 3rd restart it gave me the pop up message that "do I want to check out all the new features in this version of mail..." like it was the first time I had ever used it.

and no I have not upgraded it. I have not done a system software update since the day 10.4.9 was released.

I have found 2 pref files that i think might be the ones I am looking for.
person.djlp.mail.plist and com.apple.mail.plist

is one the right one. should i delete them both? the more i look around it is definitely like Mail lost its prefs.

thanks

OP
Sheehan
Reaction score
ok, got help from another friend and trashed both prefs,

rebuild from scratch all seems to be well

thanks for reading

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.