restricting access to shared folders/volumes on local network

Reaction score
hi

my main computer is a mac, but i am part of a network with several PCs. one of these pcs is my laptop and i have set up various shares using the 'SharePoints' utility so that this laptop can access folders and volumes on the Mac. what i would now like to do is to restrict access to some of the other PCs. to be specific i would like some of the PCs to be able to access folders as read-only and others to be blocked from accessing any of my shares (except the 'public' folder). i am not sure if i can restrict shares to certain PCs using SharePoints, or whether i need to use another method. i can't find a help section for SharePoints and would be grateful for some help

thanks

nick.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Performa 6116 2GBSCSI 8MB OS 7.5.3
You can restrict them by user not by PC with sharepoints. If everyone lods in with administrator no password than they all get the same share level access. You'll need to create users on the Mac that reflect the access you want to provide.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.