Is there a way? 10.4 upgrade question.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13 Inch, 2 Mac Mini's 1.66 & 1.83, 2- iMac Intel i3 iPhone 4 & iPad 2 32 gig.
My son has an iMac G4 with a CD drive. It currently has OS-X 10.3 installed. I bought the 10.4 upgrade disk but is on a DVD and his iMac has just the CD reader. Do I need to return this DVD, which brings up another question, is there a 10.4 upgrade on CD? or can I burn this DVD to one CD?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
as 'schweb' said - there are cd version if you ask.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
My son has an iMac G4 ..... there is no Firewire on his Mac.
If you have an iMac G4, then there is most certainly a Firewire port on that iMac.
Is this one of the "desklamp" iMacs, or is it one of the "gumdrop" ones? If it is the latter, then that is a G3. Even so, the later G3 iMacs had FW ports as well. You might want to double-check the ports to be sure.

M

MacHeadCase

Well you could use your iMac or MBP for this.

Just insert the DVD in the optical drive of either one of those and connect your son's G4 iMac via a FireWire cable using the Target Disk mode.

I have a G4 iMac and have a FireWire port.

DOH! DB posted before I did. Yeah the iLamp iMac has a FireWire port. Two of them in fact, I just checked. :girl:

OP
Dillinger-63
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13 Inch, 2 Mac Mini's 1.66 & 1.83, 2- iMac Intel i3 iPhone 4 & iPad 2 32 gig.
Well you could use your iMac or MBP for this.

Just insert the DVD in the optical drive of either one of those and connect your son's G4 iMac via a FireWire cable using the Target Disk mode.

I have a G4 iMac and have a FireWire port.

DOH! DB posted before I did. Yeah the iLamp iMac has a FireWire port. Two of them in fact, I just checked. :girl:

Yep, there is in fact two Firewire ports. I'll go back and read the link on the post Schweb did to install 10.4

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.