little bit ticked...

W

Wapa18

ok so tonight i go to fire up iDVD, only to discover that it's not there. nowhere in my system at all. maybe some of you have already realized this, but it ticked me off to find out a month and a half after upgrading to panther, that iDVD is not included. now i was not expecting the new iDVD 4 cuz i knew that iLife '04 had just come out when i bought panther, but i thought it would at least come with the most recent version up to that point.

i was planning on buying iLife '04 soon anyways, but when i found this out it really surprised me. i mean what are all the people supposed to do who upgrade from jaguar (like i did) who don't want to shell out $50 just so they can have iDVD? i'm not really so mad, since i was already planning on gettin the new iLife, but i really think this sucks for the people who already had iDVD 3 under jaguar and when they upgrade to panther they don't have it anymore!

what do you all think? am i wrong?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
iDVD4 came with panther when i bought it....are you sure that you installed it when going from jag to pan.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
trpnmonkey41 said:
iDVD4 came with panther when i bought it....are you sure that you installed it when going from jag to pan.

Which disk is iDVD on in the Panther package, because it is not part of my install package.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Wapa18, if you still have iDVD 3 you should be able to install it and run it.

OP
W

Wapa18

rman said:
Wapa18, if you still have iDVD 3 you should be able to install it and run it.

install it from the jaguar disks? is that safe to do? like i said it doesn't matter too much since i'm gettin iLife 04 soon (probly today or monday).

oh and trpnmonky, i'm positive it didn't come with the OS. i actually looked at the manual for panther and there's a little star (*) next to the word iDVD that had a message that said "The iDVD application is not included with Mac OS X, but may be installed on your computer".

oh well, off to the apple store :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
My system had Panther preinstalled iDVD is on it... There must have been varied levels of upgrade in different versions

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I upgraded from Jag to Panther and have iDVD4....i will take a look using pacifist later to find which disk it is on

OP
T

TylerMoney

Hmmm. I got my powerbook right when panther came out, two weeks before iLife4 came out. I didn't get the iLife package, but all the oler versions came with my powerbook. You should've gotten some form of iDVD...it pretty much ships with every mac computer out there.

OP
W

Wapa18

TylerMoney said:
Hmmm. I got my powerbook right when panther came out, two weeks before iLife4 came out. I didn't get the iLife package, but all the oler versions came with my powerbook. You should've gotten some form of iDVD...it pretty much ships with every mac computer out there.

well iDVD 3 did ship with my computer, which i got in july. but when i just recently installed panther, it did not come with panther. the rest of the original iLife suite came with panther, just not iDVD.

OP
T

TylerMoney

well...yeah...I don't know what to say...they didn't send them with comps taht didn't have superdrives for a while...but I see you have one...so yeah....I don't know what to tell you.

OP
W

Wapa18

on a side note, TylerMoney, how do you like pittsburgh? i'm from there but goin to school in springfield, missouri.

OP
T

TylerMoney

Pittsburgh. Well, lets just say I like it much more now than I did 9 months ago. I was living on the North Side...didn't like it much there. Then I moved to the South Side, and living conditioins are much better. The drunks every friday and saturday get annoying..but it could be worse..I could be getting mugged everyday.

But really, the city has some cool stuff. And it looks amazing from this side of the river at night...the weather is a bit much..being from Texas, I wanted to kill my self this winter...I thought it would never end. But the snow is fun. I can honestly say I don't hate pittsburgh. I can also honestly say I'm not going to live here when I graduate. I'm a Texas man, and at least for a while, I'm going back there. But I have to give Pittsburgh some props...it has broken me into this part of the country...it's been an experience. I've mets lots of interesting and fun people, and have experienced things I could have never ecperienced in Texas.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
As you can see from my profile I like warm places too. I feel for how it was this past season - I alway look at the national weather and Pittsburgh had it's share and more

OP
W

Wapa18

witeshark said:
As you can see from my profile I like warm places too. I feel for how it was this past season - I alway look at the national weather and Pittsburgh had it's share and more

yeah we usually do get our share and more up there. glad to hear you're warming up (pun intended ) to pittsburgh :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Norwood is a Mid-2010 15 inch MacBook Pro with 10.11.1.
For the record, I have iDvd 3. I've used it a grand total of once, and it worked very well. A Hard Day's Night [the movie] never looked so good. :)

TylerMoney, I know what you mean about those East Coast winters. I was pretty amazed when there was snow on the ground in late March and early April here in Central NY. I am glad that school is almost over, so I can go back to warm, sunny California.

Yay to warm sunny California. :)

P.S.: Sadly, all I have seen of Texas is the Dallas/Fort Worth Airport. :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Beatles what school do you go to?

I am going to hamilton college next year which is pretty much dead center

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.