I go nuts trying to figure out my problems!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24,2.33Ghz IntelCore2Duo,3GB RAM,750GB HardDrive,7600GT 256MB SDRAM Graphics,Final Cut Express
(apologizing for length of this)
I'll spend days and days searching and trying to figure out something trivial in this OS that would be so $%^&* easy on a PC (all by my newbie-self), and get REALLY frustrated before I finally break down and post a thread on this forum.

I could probably find something to ask you about EVERYDAY, but I'm very stubborn and hate asking for help!! Am I the only switcher like this?!! LOL

Please Help...
1. my old email buddies send .pps attachments-----how do I open these?

Another problem...
My best friend is a real expert regarding "the old ways" of using Windows stuff and was my main PC guru (before I made the switch). She is really mad at me now for "going MAC" because she can no longer become a hero and fix my messups!! I'd really love to "convert" her over from "the other side". Therefore I've REALLY been slowly trying to impress her with my new iMac 24. You can imagine how she gloats when I stumble using the new OS.

So picture this. Five days ago I was doing a little "MAC show-n-tell" for her and we started taking funny pictures using Photo Booth. (Had a blast!!...she was impressed!!) (yippeeee)

Yesterday we co-authored an email and just prior to sending it we wanted to make a copy so I sent it to the printer. I nearly collapsed when I saw it. In the header, to the right of the From: Subject: Date: was a small 1"x1" color photo of HER sticking out her tongue that we had taken during our previous Photo Booth giggle party!!! She's still laughing.

And it gets worse! 24 hours later I still cannot figure out how to remove her little pic. (I know she's still laughing...)

Please help....
2. how do I remove her dorky picture from my emails

Carleen

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPhone X, Watch 3, '18 MBP w/touchbar, '17 iPad Pro 10.5
1-.pps are powerpoint files. You can use a free powerpoint viewer, here is a link for one
http://www.tucows.com/preview/206534
As far as the picture, did you maybe acidently add the picture as a signature in mail? If so then it would show up on every e-mail you send

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
I'm pretty sure you can remove the picture from your emails by going into User Accounts (I did exactly the same thing!)

Reaction score
Looks like powerpoint viewer is for Classic only (which I still use, so thanks). But I can't find a version for OS X on Tucows, MacUpdate or VersionTracker.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
I believe Mail automatically fills in the picture from the Address Book.

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24,2.33Ghz IntelCore2Duo,3GB RAM,750GB HardDrive,7600GT 256MB SDRAM Graphics,Final Cut Express
I'm pretty sure you can remove the picture from your emails by going into User Accounts (I did exactly the same thing!)

Knightlie, thank you, thank you!!! It worked!!
Carleen

Reaction score
The home of the free and the land that did for Bra
Your Mac's Specs
24"iMac, 15"MB-Pro, MacBook, G4 iMac, PM G5 2x2Ghz, G4 iBook & Some PCs
Please Help...
1. my old email buddies send .pps attachments-----how do I open these?

Open Office or Neo Office will open powerpoint files.

Amen-Moses

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.