Finally found something I like about a Mac

Reaction score
Just got Parallels to play with and now I can run an Exchange client, connect to a network printer and setup and run a Citrix client with half of the hassle. This I like.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
But your title implies you hate everything else!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3|800Mhz|256MB Ram|ComboDrive|30GB HD|
yes your on Mac-Forums...I'd take your hatred else where.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Just got Parallels to play with and now I can run an Exchange client, connect to a network printer and setup and run a Citrix client with half of the hassle. This I like.

What kind of problems did you have installing the Citrix client on your Mac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0

Where was it you had a FULL hassle instead of a half? :bone:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Does your title mean you don't like anything else, or you are especially happy with this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Macbook, 2GB DDR, 160GB 7200rpm SATA, Super Drive
Wow everyone

is so touchy, lol. I'm sure the meaning was intended to be interpreted in relation to problems with those specific items and not the operating system as a whole.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I wasn't being touchy, I was just trying to clarify since there seemed to be some lack of understanding with the title. People do get pretty touchy around here. I had that problem with some poorly-placed words myself when my meaning was completely benign, even complimentary, toward Apple and Macs.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook,2Ghz CD,1.5GBRAM,100GBHD,SL.PowerbookG4 12"1Ghz,768MbRAM,40GBHD,Leopard.imac G3 400Mhz,10.4
well, if we're "touchy", it's because fanatical interpretation is that he slandered the one true OS!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro, 13" MacBook Black, 15" iMac G4, 24" iMac (soon!)

I'll just take this moment to mention that any Mac can natively run Citrix, connect to a network printer, and run an Exchange compatible mail client (Mail.app is Exchange compatible, which comes on all Macs).

Your point is moot.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I'll just take this moment to mention that any Mac can natively run Citrix, connect to a network printer, and run an Exchange compatible mail client (Mail.app is Exchange compatible, which comes on all Macs).

Your point is moot.

The thing I was most curious about was Citrix (and the reason I asked). I can see where attaching to a networked printer, shared from a Windows printer might be a problem (driver issues). I can also see where setting up a client other than Outlook for Exchange might be less than straightforward. What I can't understand is the Citrix client as that installation couldn't be any easier on Windows - the process is almost identical (extract and run the installer).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro, 13" MacBook Black, 15" iMac G4, 24" iMac (soon!)

Your point is moot.

Wow, I just realized what a jerk I sounded like in that post. :(

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.