Bandits...

Reaction score
I've had my PowerBook G4 for about three and a half years. Over time the darn connector on the power cord has been banged around and bent. So usually I have to twist it to make it light up and start to charge. Well it finally just stopped working. So, I made an appointment at the Genius Bar to have them check to be sure that was the exact problem and that the connector inside the computer wasn't damaged from all the twisting and pushing I have given it over the last couple of years. Yep, it's fine.

Dude said you'll just have to replace the power cord -- the whole thing. $79 + tax.

What a rip off.
tantrum2.gif

Whatta 'ya gonna do? Just put it on my Visa man!
angry.gif

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 17" The slow one!
G4 Powercord

Hi,
I picked up one of those after market ones for around 40 bucks from maccomputersupply.com But if you google "macally AC adapter" you will find a bunch more sites selling the same thing. Just go with the cheapest one. The charger actually runs colder then the Mac OEM one, in my book. Take care.

Rob

Reaction score
Well, to make you feel better. Most PC chargers cost 120 € and upwards. I was quite impressed with the prices of power adapters and batteries for the PowerBook.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.