Safari Icon

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, iPad, MacBook Pro.
Hi Guys
Two weeks into my new MacBook, and I love it, just one thing that bugs me, I seem to have got a Safari Icon on the desktop just under the drive icon, as its on the Dock as well is there a way to remove the desktop one, I have tried to drag it over the top of the one in the Dock, but pops back again.

Chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
First, make sure that Safari still exists in your applications folder.

If it does, perhaps you accidentally copied it to the desktop - you can just trash it.

If it doesn't, drag the Safari icon back to the Applications folder.

OP
chrisiw
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, iPad, MacBook Pro.
Thanks very much for your help, no it had gone from Applications Folder, I must have moved it when I first got the MacBook two weeks ago so have now moved it back.
Does the same apply to the Hard drive Icon that is on there, can I move that to Applications as well?

Thanks Chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
No, you should leave that where it is.

If it bothers you, you can make it invisible by selecting Finder in the dock, then in the menu bar (bar along the top of the screen) - clicking "Finder" > "Preferences". There you'll be able to select what icons show on your desktop.

OP
chrisiw
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, iPad, MacBook Pro.
No, you should leave that where it is.

If it bothers you, you can make it invisible by selecting Finder in the dock, then in the menu bar (bar along the top of the screen) - clicking "Finder" > "Preferences". There you'll be able to select what icons show on your desktop.

Thanks very much for your help, I just wasnt sure if it should be there.

Chris

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.