Wont Turn On

Reaction score
So I received my Macbook Tuesday and I LOVE IT! Today while surfing the net the screen just goes black? WEIRD! I try turning it off and on and no luck. I called Apple and they ran me through the steps adn still no success. Now I have to take it to bestbuy return it and get a new one. I still love the Macbook but am a little sad that it happened!

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
well luckily it happened at this stage and not after you'd made several changes and dumped lots of your files onto it (just in case it needed a new HD).

did they have you reset the SMC? (remove the battery and hold the power button for 5 sec, then put the battery back in and restart)

OP
D
Reaction score
yea true. yea he ran me through the steps for that still no luck. he told me to send it in for repairs...after that I called bestbuy adn they said to just bring it in and exchange it. Id rather get a new one then let it go for service.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
good call. good luck with the new, new one. ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.