Getting marks fixed on the screen?

Reaction score
I have a black macbook with a glossy screen. Since the first day I got it there was this small fleck in the middle of the screen. I can see it almost all the time, but it doesn't really bother me. Also, when my macbook is turned off there are a few horizontal lines on the screen, but you can't see them while using the computer (I've also noticed this since I first got my mac). Now I've noticed a small smudge on my screen that I cannot clean off, no matter how much I try. I've used soft, clean cloths and special screen cleaning spray, but nothing works. I think I might have pressed too hard when cleaning my screen and that created the smudge. Is there anyway to get these marks fixed? Can you get like a new screen "put into" your mac?

Thanks!

Reaction score
I have a few TINY marks on my screen that bother me, as well. I'm probably gonna go buy a special cleaning kit or something whenever I get some cash, which might be a while. hahaaa

I'm sure there's a way you could get a new screen, but it would probably be SUPER expensive!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook black, Intel C2D 2GHz, 2GB RAM, 320GB WD Scorpio HD
It is still under warranty so please call Apple. There was also a thread that discussed similar issues a few weeks back. You may want to search for it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1 GB RAM, 80GB Hard Drive, 80GB Video iPod (Black)
I use kitchen towel, that seems to clean off any smudges perfectly.

OP
S
Reaction score
It is still under warranty so please call Apple. There was also a thread that discussed similar issues a few weeks back. You may want to search for it.
How long is the warrenty? I didn't buy the extra Apple protection thing, but I got my computer in September 2006.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, iPad, MacBook Pro.
Not sure where you are, but here in the UK mine is 1 year warranty from new, its the law of the land.

Chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook,2Ghz CD,1.5GBRAM,100GBHD,SL.PowerbookG4 12"1Ghz,768MbRAM,40GBHD,Leopard.imac G3 400Mhz,10.4
You get 90 days phone support and 1-year limited hardware warranty. Apple wont do anything about your screen because it does not affect usage. And your smudge could be considered accidental damage.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.