• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

april 3

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook with Leopard! YAY!
ok, lets just say this does not necessarily have any truth, its not even a rumor its a guess that i made cos i was bored.(sorry if it is the wrong place).i think that leopard will be here on April 3 because of boot camp now being vista compatible and because we are way overdue for ilife 07. anybody agree?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
I've been running Vista on my Mini for almost a month, now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2 x 2.26 Quad, 6GB DDR3, iPhone 4
I've had vista on my mbp for a couple of months now.. only the isight that doesn't work.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
i think that leopard will be here .... because we are way overdue for ilife 07. anybody agree?
What does Leopard have to do with iLife? They are two completely different and separate pieces of software which are in no way connected with each other.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
ok, lets just say this does not necessarily have any truth, its not even a rumor its a guess that i made cos i was bored.(sorry if it is the wrong place).i think that leopard will be here on April 3 because of boot camp now being vista compatible and because we are way overdue for ilife 07. anybody agree?

Doubtful on Leopard (iLife is a different product). The latest developer seeds still have a long way to go from what I've read. Optimistically, I'd say late May, early June.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video
My guess is that Leopard will be out sometime before 11:59 PM on December 31, 2007.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.0 GHz Intel Core Duo, 12" iBook G4 1.07 GHz
I would say sometime before 11:59 PM on June 20, 2007. Either that or Steve Jobs is a liar.

Reaction score
They may as well start calling it iLife 08 at this rate..........

I WANT MY 8 CORE PAC PRO STEVE!!! (and a better video card!)

M

MacHeadCase

Uhm why April 3rd? If you guys are referring to the Apple Special Even, it's on April 15th and will be held during the NAB show.

Reaction score
It's funny. I was at Staples (a computer/business depot store...for those that don't know), and was talking to the computer manager. I noticed that they had taken all their macs from the display. I asked him if they were getting rid of the macs, but he said no. He said that he was setting up the display, but won't be up till next week. I don't know if this means anything, and I'm not holding my breath, but a man can always hope that something will happen next week. Just my 2 cents.

Reaction score
Well Iwould like to know when leopard is out. I am going to take my ifrst plunge into the world of Apple with a Mac Mini but would like, for obvious reasons, to get the latest OS X which will be Leopard. Perhaps it will be next week, though I saw stuff in the Financial Press suggesting 27th March that was obviously wrong.

With an Apple special event on 15th April what have they to show - new iMacs with an old OS - or, perhaps an new OS too! Go on, I'll put a £1 opn that date!

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I think the state of the developer builds are very telling of the overall readiness of a software product. When a product is in development, there are very clear signs as to what stage it's in. Currently, each new developer build of Leopard has been adding features. Typically, when a product is just weeks from release, features are no longer added and the final product is just refined and stabilized. From what little I've been able to glean from the reports on the last developer build, it's clear to me that they haven't gotten to that stage yet.

For those of you new to the Mac, understand that OS X is not changing in any fundamental way with the release of Leopard. There will be a few new features, but everything is evolutionary, not revolutionary. Tiger is still light years ahead of Vista in every appreciable way - and although it's nearly 2 years old, there's nothing lacking in it that can't be solved with aftermarket applications.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, if you're waiting to buy a computer for "the next big thing", you'll be waiting forever. Technology changes constantly and with Apple as tight-lipped as they tend to be, there's no way to know for sure when a new product will be released. So, if you like what's out there at present and it suits your needs, just buy it. There's no reason you can't upgrade easily to Leopard when it eventually does appear.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video
I've been searching around. Trying my best to see when the release date for Leopard will be. I discovered a message, perhaps a code, that exists subliminally in all of the articles I've read about the release date. For some reason, each article mentions a "2007" or something like that. I've developed formulas and ran them over and over, and I discovered that 2007 is a year. Upon further investigation, I was able to find out that this year is 2007. Now, I had suspicions that Leopard was going to be released sometime this year (as my previous post in this thread states), but now I am certain that it will be released this year. So, there is your release date: 2007. It's fool-proof, there is no way I can be wrong about this.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
See Signature
Wow, we should call you Sherlock!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Macbook, 2GB DDR, 160GB 7200rpm SATA, Super Drive
I think he was pulling your leg...:blind:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I would say sometime before 11:59 PM on June 20, 2007. Either that or Steve Jobs is a liar.

I believe it will be released during WWDC. It's so close now, might as well wait. If it is crunch time for getting it done, Jobs will lean on his people 24/7 to get it done by that time; based on what I've heard of his reputation.

iPhone will be out, as will Leopard and iLife '07. No new hardware. My little prediction. (well, the iPhone part is fact, of course)

Besides, I heard if you buy a new system and a new Os comes out within 3 months of purchase, you get a free upgrade. I'm 99.9% sure it will be out within 3 months. After that, The faithful will revolt.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.