PowerMac VS PowerBook

V

Violence

I posted this before on another website, whom mainly consist of mac users. Anyway, my name is Shifty in the topic, and any comments and answers to my posts are appreciated. :D

OP
T

TylerMoney

Well, the iMac is a beautiful machine, I agree. I'm using a powerbook...it's quite amazing....

My speculation is that there won't be an upgrade to either the iMacs or Powerbooks til the summer...but who really knows. Anywho...if you can buy right now...I'd go ahead and get the 1.25 iMac....you won't be disappointed...and even if a G5 does come out...it'll be reall expensive....and I think it'll be out of price range for a while..then again..I don't know what you price range is. But thats my advice to you...get the iMac now...

However, if you have to wait a while before you buy...you'll probably see some things on the apple site...and rumor sites giving you better answers.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I believe the iMac will not see the D5 processor until after the PowerBook gets the processor. As with Apple past history the pro line will get the latest processor first in this case the G5. Then the consumer line will get the G5 processor.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.