• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Can I burn videos files to DVD for viewing on standard DVD Players?

Reaction score
I hope this is the right place to post this.
These days I'm putting viewing more and more video on my computer and downloading video content from the internet. What I'm wondering is can I burn this video to standard DVD's for viewing on regular DVD players. If so what software should I look into for doing this? I'm not talking about anything copy protected from itunes but there's a lot of free content such as from video podcasts for viewing on itunes and I'd like to be able to record this to standard DVD. I know you can burn mp3's to CD for playback on mp3 enabled CD players. Thanks for any help.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
you should just be able to use iDVD. pick a theme, drag the files to the drop zones supplied. it's pretty straightforward.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.