safari quarks

Reaction score
for some reason whenever i try to load ebay, or yahoo or several other sites with safari they all come up as if the pictures are unable to load. Ive tried deleting cookies and other basic stuff that probly doesn't actually have an effect on this problem. Has anyone else had problems like this with safari, or know how to fix them?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Not a hardware issue.
Moving to appropriate software forum.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Open Safari's Preferences and the Appearance tab. Make SURE "Display Images when page opens" is checked. Not sure if that is the problem but pictures will not load if that is not checked. If yours is, how is your computer connected to the net? DSL? Cable? Do you have a router?

Picture 1.jpg

OP
M
Reaction score
my apartment complex has a high speed ethernet connection in all the rooms. I just hooked up a router a few weeks ago tho. also this is a recent problem i.e. within the week or so.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
Hmmmm.... try to load those images by themselves. Not in a web page. Also try the same tests in a different browser.
It could be that something is blocking the image servers.

OP
M
Reaction score
I tried clicking on the images seperately and they still come up as blue question marks or not at all. Its doing the same thing on amazon.com as well. what could be blocking the image servers?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 14" M1 Pro, 16GB, 1TB, OS 12.6.9
Quarks are subatomic constituents of matter.

Quirks are peculiarities of behavior.

;)

-Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
for some reason whenever i try to load ebay, or yahoo or several other sites with safari they all come up as if the pictures are unable to load. Ive tried deleting cookies and other basic stuff that probly doesn't actually have an effect on this problem. Has anyone else had problems like this with safari, or know how to fix them?

Have you tried an alternative browser like Firefox or Opera, just to eliminate your router/firewall as the cause?

I don't wasnt to try and convert you, but I have tried Safari many times and really wan to love it, but almost every time I use it, something odd happens so I end up back with FF.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.