Drag/Drop > sec. HDD. I want it to move, not copy.

Reaction score
So I'm a switcher. I'm a pretty big power user and spend a lot of time on my pc. Most of my work is with photography.

Anyway, my issue, is that with windows, you could r/click drag/drop something and it'll ask you to move/copy. I essentially want my drag/drops to always move. If i want them to copy, i cmd+c to do it. So it is fine when I'm doing it all on the same hdd, but I tend to work off my desktop then move stuff afterwards. Which means drag/drop then delete orig.

Is there a way to A) make it ask or B) be allowed to drag/drop to other hdd's and not copy, just move ??

(just realized I stuck this in the wrong section, if a mod could kindly move it :))

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.6Ghz | 200GB 7200 | 4GB Ram | 32GB iPod Touch 2G
Click and drag the item to be moved, then hold down command and you will see the little green plus disappear, this means that when you drop the item will be moved, not copied.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
By the way colinpeddle, "cmd" is the key right next to the space bar with the little Apple logo on it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.