Need Help!! Printer Issues

Reaction score
hey! okay well this is my problem so please bear with

Background: I had my printer fully working and functional when i bought my mac..... a few months passed and it was running slow so i formatted the drive and fresh installed OSX 10.4.6. everything is fine, recently i tried printing so i set up my original printer and it would just feed paper and not print anything , so i tried another printer i installed the driver and all its an HP Deskjet D4160 and the same problem! the printer just feeds the paper but prints nothing. Ive reinstalled the HP software many times with no improvement and also done every single check to see that everything is set up right.. now i need you guys to help me cause im out of ideas. Is it a bad install of OSX or is it a bug ? Note: i have not yet installed the Intel Combined Update (300mb) from software update ... could that be the key?

Thanks for taking the time to read that , and your help will be greatly appreciated

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i-mac dual-core 2.16Ghz 24inch, Macbook 2.4Ghz alu, 27" iMac Core 2 Duo 3.06Ghz
Hi Patrick C
You say that you haven't printed for a time. I'm wondering if the cartridges haven't dried up.

OP
P
Reaction score
One more thing.. I did a test print from HP printer utility and it printed fine bypassing the driver and other things... and it said if it printed fine then there is something wrong with my mac's printing system.... does anyone suggest a reinstall of osx?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.