• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

boot camp now supports vista

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid-2011 MBP 13" i5
Maybe you've seen this already but I thought I'd post it up. -Todd

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP - 2.66Ghz Core 2 duo, 4GB Ram, 320GB HDD, Geforce 9400m + 9600M GT (256mb)
Just incase anyones interested:

Changes in Boot Camp 1.2 beta

Boot Camp 1.2 beta contains several updates and is intended for all new and previous Boot Camp beta users.

Boot Camp 1.2 beta includes:

* Support for Windows Vista (32-bit)
* Updated drivers, including but not limited to trackpad, AppleTime (synch), audio, graphics, modem, iSight camera
* Support the Apple Remote (works with iTunes and Windows Media Player)
* A Windows system tray icon for easy access to Boot Camp information and actions
* Improved keyboard support for Korean, Chinese, Swedish, Danish, Norwegian, Finnish, Russian, and French Canadian
* Improved Windows driver installation experience
* Updated documentation and Boot Camp on-line help in Windows
* Apple Software Update (for Windows XP and Vista)

Updating to Boot Camp 1.2 beta

If you previously installed Boot Camp beta, you can easily update to Boot Camp 1.2 beta. You don't need to partition your hard drive again (unless you want to change its size) or reinstall your Macintosh and Windows software or documents, but it's very important to update the Boot Camp Assistant software, create a new Mac Drivers CD and install the updated software it contains onto Windows. Complete instructions are provided in the Installation and Setup Guide included with the Boot Camp 1.2 beta software.

And heres the link just incase you want to download it:

http://www.apple.com/macosx/bootcamp/

~~ TS ~~

Reaction score
New update for bootcamp

What's new in this version:
Support for Windows Vista (32-bit)
Updated drivers, including but not limited to trackpad, AppleTime (synch), audio, graphics, modem, iSight camera
Support the Apple Remote (works with iTunes and Windows Media Player)
A Windows system tray icon for easy access to Boot Camp information and actions
Improved keyboard support for Korean, Chinese, Swedish, Danish, Norwegian, Finnish, Russian, and French Canadian
Improved Windows driver installation experience
Updated documentation and Boot Camp on-line help in Windows
Apple Software Update (for Windows XP and Vista)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.2Ghz, 4GB RAM, 160GB HD
bootcamp still amazes me .

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15", 2GB RAM
This is awesome, I can finally install Vista without having to extract the drivers from the disc! I hope I get my copy of Vista Ultimate soon. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro Core2Duo, 2.33Ghz, 2GB Ram, 15.4"
I assume this means that Leopard won't be out anytime soon then if Bootcamp is still in beta? :-(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
I assume this means that Leopard won't be out anytime soon then if Bootcamp is still in beta? :-(
Bootcamp will be in beta until Leopard is released. There might not be any difference between the bootcamp we have now and the Leopard release of it but it won't be finalized until Leopard comes out

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Black Core2Duo 2.0ghz, 1gb RAM, 120gb HDD, Tiger
Which would suggest that the whole story about Leopard being delayed until October so that Boot Camp could be compatible with Vista was a load of old rubbish. Huzzah, I say! Huzzah!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0GHz, 2GB RAM, 120GB HDD
Cool. I wanted to use Boot Camp and Vista but I did want to go for the 64bit version of Vista.

I have heard that some people have managed to do this already on older beta releases so it sounds like Apple are almost there with Boot Camp.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 1GB Ram 250GB HD
hi all can anyone help me?

i have XP installed already using boot camp, can i just put in the vista CD and install over XP ??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
actually you can install vista natively if you want by formating yoru entire disk and then just popping in the vista disk....and then BAM you got yourself an expensive windoze computer....

note: i would never do this
-chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro (2010) 2.4Ghz, 4GB RAM
just installed bootcamp on my MBP , its amazing, runs very very well. one question though...when it was installing it prompted me and informed me that it was only a trial version (hence "beta" !!) that kinda freaked me out cos i dont want it to corrupt my Hd in like a month or something and mess up my OSX partition in the process....any thoughts on this ?????????????

Reaction score
Yes, you can just update XP to Vista and keep the data you had on XP.

You will need a legally owned serial key however.

I've installed Vista but i'm still waiting on my Serial from my University so i had to do a complete install.

Reaction score
Any chance someone can make the contents of the Windows Drivers CD from Bootcamp 1.2 available somewhere? I'm running Vista on my iMac, but it's a clean install (no mac os, no bootcamp).

Cheers,
Gary.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, White, Intel Core 2 Duo 2ghz, 2gb RAM, 120gb HDD, MacOS X 1.4.9 & Vista Home Premium
I installed Vista today via Bootcamp 1.2 and I have to say I am impressed with how well it runs and how easy it was to install. I've only just switched to Mac and I'm finding MacOS to be a great operating system, however I have a lot of PC software witch I can now run on my MacBook. Idealy I will eventually switch over to Mac completely (on my MacBook) but in the meantime Bootcamp is allowing me to use both OS's for the different applications that I have.

Reaction score
I installed Vista today via Bootcamp 1.2 and I have to say I am impressed with how well it runs and how easy it was to install. I've only just switched to Mac and I'm finding MacOS to be a great operating system, however I have a lot of PC software witch I can now run on my MacBook. Idealy I will eventually switch over to Mac completely (on my MacBook) but in the meantime Bootcamp is allowing me to use both OS's for the different applications that I have.

Any chance you could dump the contents of the drivers CD somewhere? See post above.

Cheers,
Gary.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MAC Pro, ESX server, & 17" G4 Powerbook
BennyMac

I see you just recently switched to MAC from PC. If you have a lot of Windows apps you want to run, then I suggest you use VMware Fusion, or Parallels instead of bootcamp. Running windows virtually will save you time and is more effective then having to reboot each time to use either OS.

Regards,

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 17" Core 2 Duo 2.33GHZ 2GB RAM
Hey everyone,

Is there support for right clicking in windows now? CTRL click? or two fingers on the pad and click? Also does it support the shortcuts on the keyboard such as volume and brightness adjustment?

Cheers

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.