Taking apart Apple keyboard

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
i am on a mission to take apart my Apple keyboard so that i can fully clean it and see if there is anything fun that can be done with it.

My main issue is removing the three small hex screws from the bottom of the keyboard. Does anybody know what size the screws are and where i can find the bit to take it apart?

help will be greatly appreciated and awarded ;)

-chris

OP
coach_z
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
i know how to take all the keys off of the keyboard.

What i really need to know is how to remove the three hex screws from the bottom of the keyboard, i cant find a hex driver small enough

-chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
A hardway store should have them small enough, not sure what size they are, but if you bring it with you, they should be able to help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video
Any shop selling tools should carry an allen key that small .You could even buy a little screwdriver set with the right size. The smallest I have in the house is 2mm You'll need one around 1 mm

Reaction score
i took my apple keyboard apart an put lights in it. you need a T5 Hex bit.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.