ibook 1.33 slow after 1gig ram upgrade

Reaction score
my second computer i book seems to not have improved in overall sluggishness while using ableton live after upgrading ram with 1gig chip for total of 1.5 ram.. i know that live can be a hog while using pluggins,etc. but the last computer of mine improved dramatically as far as performance when i maxed out the ram. this ibook has 512 built in ram, and i purchased i gig from transintl. when i installed it there seemed to be two slots.
this upgrade is one chip. i installed it in the outermost slot. it shows that it is installed in about this mac prefs but as i said, i am disappointed with lack of improved performance. so, any help about this matter is much appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lime Green iMac G3 64mb ram, 20gb hdd, 400mhz G3 processor
Was it an el cheapo ram? or the wrong kind

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP 3.06Ghz, MBP 2.2Ghz, Mini G4, B/W G3 (Media Server), LCII, Beige G3
I thought the Ibook maxed out at 1gb of ram? That 1.5bg is too much. I may be wrong but I'm sure I've heard that before.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4; 1.07 GHz; 512 MB; Radeon 9200; 40 GB HDD
It depends when the iBook was built/bought...

Take a look here and you'll find the answer: http://support.apple.com/specs/

Your problem could be because the RAM you bought was cheap RAM. What brand is it? Have you tried running a hardware test on it to see if that yields anything? I believe most iBooks take PC2700 -- can you verify that this is what type of RAM it is?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.