Where's my thumbnails?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP
I have cicked on my 'pictures' folder so I can view all in the window. It is already on the option to view thumbnails but only six of about 250 photos can I see minaturized, all the others just have the photo name under the J-Peg logo.

What gives?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
You might try to disable thumbnails and then enable them again. Also it could be it just hasn't had time to render all of the thumbnails.

OP
cameronryan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP
Tried that but still doesn't work - I must have a faulty Mac, there's a few glitches like this that are unsolvable despite countless re-installs.

These include i-movies import notdividing each scene at scene break (despite asking to do so on Preferences) and the Dashboard Expose doesn't work, neither does the F9 button.

Too late now to leave it at Apple Centre here in Hong Kong, I'm off to the Phillipines for 8 months next week, by which time my warranty will have expired.

M

MacHeadCase

This could probably well be a corrupted cache, nothing worth returning your Mac, unless there are other things you don't talk about. Like what are the other weird behaviours?

Anyway, download MainMenu and run, in the Cleaning tasks, the users, system (deep cleaning) and font caches cleaning. Restart.

You could also help the system generate the thumbnails by using CocoThumbX.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.