Macbook Pro Dvi To Component Video For Hd Tv

Reaction score
Ok...does any know if there is such a thing for connecting my macbook pro
C2D DVI to a hdtv with component video input, I only see apple carry a DVI to S-video adaptor online...Please help.....:batman:

Reaction score
I use dvi to GRB. but my tv has a RGB input port. works well(get full 1080 resolution) but doesnt help if you dont have the RBG port

OP
KNEE
Reaction score
Dvi To Dvi

Well my tv has DVI, so i went to buy a DVI-I to DVI-I cable plug it up, turn the mirror image mode on, and bam it works. Only thing is i cant figure if it is on the HD setting or not, the image looks ok, but the color is really crappy on my tv, and its kinda dark as well. on the mac it shows green for say this leaf, on the tv its kinda gray. that in mirror mode. Did i miss something or is it supose to be like that. I was told DVI would be as close as hdmi or component for hd.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Open up System Preferences, then Displays.
You will now have one box on your MBP called Color LCD
There will be another box on your TV called ???? - on my Sony it is called Sony LCD
I think you will have to turn off mirrored image and go with spanned or whatever it's called, not at mine right now and gettin kinda senile.
Mouse over to the box located on your TV and in the middle there are 2 options - Display and Color
Under display you can set the resolution to be used for your TV - this will not change the resolution on your MBP as long as you are not in mirrored mode.
Select Color - and you will have the option to calibrate the screen. You can go through the calibration process or you can try the presets selections listed on the left I think.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.