• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Apple Store Workshop Question.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook C2D 2GHz 1GB Ram 80GB HD
I was wondering if the workshops at my local apple store are free or do you need that $99 "card", can't remember what it is called. Also, can I get all the same info from the Missing Manual?
My local apple store = 1hr drive one way, so if I can get the same info from the Missing Manual, I'd rather do that.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
The Apple workshops are free. I have not looked at the Missing Manual. So I can not compare the bokk again the workshop. I have attended a few of the workshops and in some cases you may be the only one there.

OP
zeroz52
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for the reply rMan.

Anyone have any comments on Missing Manual? What kind of details it has regarding programs it covers and how tos and such.

Reaction score
I got the missing manual & it is a handy book to have on hand.It explains everything in easy to understand language. Well worth the money.

OP
zeroz52
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMan....which workshops did you go to? Was it helpful?

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I attended, Final Cut Pro and DVD Studio Pro.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.