Adobe CS3

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2 x 2.26 Quad, 6GB DDR3, iPhone 4
Hey Guys,

Just thought I would let you know that overnight Adobe has updated its UK store.. everything is showing as as CS3 - preorder now... all the CS2 stuff is still there (have fun finding it)

Ad

Picture 1.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" macbook C2D; 24" Imac, 8GB Iphone
CS3 beta
thats the cs3 beta if anyone is interested, i believe you need to own a copy of cs2 to be able to run it

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
£1000 - £2100. I could buy a car for that.

And you have to choose between Photoshop and Illustrator OR Dreamweaver and Flash unless you want the premium editions.

People design for print AND design for web, which Adobe is happily ignoring or blatantly cashing in.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
£1400 - £1600. I could buy a car for that.

I agree, i think the software is overpriced.
how can anyone afford it at that price?
I'm going to stick with cs2 until i have my motorbike then i might concider investing in it.
I will try and get student discount again

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
What kinda bike mikeyman?

Well I just got Illustrator CS2 way cheaper than the Adobe site. Even if I pay for the upgrade with Adobe it works out a couple of hundred quid cheaper. Not sure I use it enough to warrant the upgrade.. I do like new things :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
What kinda bike mikeyman?

Well, i dont no weather to get a 50cc this year or wait until im 17 and get a 125.
I really just want to get my insurance sorted so when i can afford a kawasaki ninja or honda fireblade i will be able to afford it.

Do you have a motorbike?

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
No... dreaming still for that fireblade :)

My olds wouldnt let me get a bike when I was 16.. or 17.. gits so haven't got round to it yet but I love em !

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
No... dreaming still for that fireblade :)

My olds wouldnt let me get a bike when I was 16.. or 17.. gits so haven't got round to it yet but I love em !

My mums not to keen on the idea
but my dad thinks its great for some reason?
for a guy that got hit my a lorry and had a metal shin etc im surprised

Reckon you will get round to getting a bike?
Whats your form of transport now?

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeh at some point... old enough now to do my direct access course so when I find the time I will do it!

Legs and car at the moment!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" 5k imac i7, 295x
bikes are the best (wow did this topic ever get off topic). To bad were i live i can only drive for 5 months of the year, and it rains most of that time :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1 GB RAM, 80GB Hard Drive, 80GB Video iPod (Black)
My fiance is on a Computer Aided Design course and she uses Photoshop, Flash, Illustrator and Inventor regularly. If it wasn't for torrent sites she would have been screwed.

Maybe people who do this for a living can afford this, but not students.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Torrents of applications are illegal, and almost every school that uses the software has incredible discounts on software for the students

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
My fiance is on a Computer Aided Design course and she uses Photoshop, Flash, Illustrator and Inventor regularly. If it wasn't for torrent sites she would have been screwed.

Maybe people who do this for a living can afford this, but not students.

Torrents of applications are illegal, and almost every school that uses the software has incredible discounts on software for the students
Precisely. I am a Graphic/Multimedia Design degree major. I use Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat Pro, AfterEffects, Dreamweaver, Flash, Final Cut Pro, and a quite a few more apps every day for school. I had to purchase all of those and all were purchased with a student discount. I literally saved thousands of dollars.

If for any reason I couldn't afford them (even with the student discount), every computer at the school has all of this software installed and there are plenty of labs and time available to use those labs. There would be absolutely no need to pirate the software.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook Pro

I agree with this. Student discounts are quite significant.

However, I also think there should be a developer discount. As a software engineer, I constantly have to keep up with the lastest and greatest technologies for my job, and for clients. I make decent money, but the software I need for work is very expensive. This is what I have purchased in the last year:

Adobe Flex With Charting: $749
Navicat: $99.99 (the only affordable one in the bunch)
Adobe Photoshop CS2: $649
Macromedia Studio 8: $999

I will also purchase the upcoming Adobe Creative Suite 3 Web Premium upgrade for another $499.

I think software companies, like Adobe, should reconsider their pricing models. Developers are forced to pay ridiculous prices for their products, or pirate them. I choose not to pirate, but I am definitely in the minority. Personally, I think companies should pay these prices, and developers should be sold "developer editions" for a significant price cut.

Ok...I'm done ranting. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.