iSight defective ?

Reaction score
A friend told me that apple announced that the built in iSight camera is defective. Mine quit working a few monts ago after a USB power overload, im not sure if I fryed anything but after that iSight hasn't worked at all. Are there any 3-rd party fixes or anything I can try ?
as far as i know one of my firewire ports and one of my USB ports are disabled from the overload, any idea how to fix this ?

thanks alot.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Did you contact Apple a few months ago when this happened?
If you are still under warranty, that should have been your first course of action.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Also, what caused this USB Overload? What happened? If ports blew something bad had to happen. Was it an external device plugged into one of the ports?

OP
S
Reaction score
actually, I feel bad for admiting to this. I think the ports blew becase i have a usb input and firewire output cord and instead of pluggin my keyboard back into the usb input ( that was connected to my computer) I pluged in another usb that was connected to my computer. In a nut shell I connected my mac to it self. It then came up with an error message saying the there was a USB power overload and somthing or another was disabled. Im not sure if the ports just disabled themselfs or fried out. Would this effect my bilt in iSight ? I still have all audio recoring and such just no video and some messed up ports. And no, I didn't contact apple but my computer is still under warrenty.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i-mac dual-core 2.16Ghz 24inch, Macbook 2.4Ghz alu, 27" iMac Core 2 Duo 3.06Ghz
Beam me up Scotty.
Why would you need a usb input and firewire output cord? And why would you need an usb extension cord for a keyboard?
I am not sure if your warranty would cover this mishap.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.