Airport extreme card problem

Reaction score
I have a 15" 1.5 GHz Powerbook G4 Aluminum, and I'm having some wireless issues. I can connect to networks--the problem is that the connection isn't nearly as good as any other computer. My roommate's PC works much better on our school's network. I dismissed this problem as a Mac problem a while ago when I called Apple support and they told me that if I wasn't using an Aiport Extreme router, they couldn't help me. Now, I'm in a house with an Airport Extreme router, and another Macintosh is getting a much better signal than me. It seems like a hardware problem. Has anyone else had trouble with the built-in Airport Extreme card not being as good as other wireless access cards?

Reaction score
I never found a card that behaved "badly" they tend to either work or they are dead. And the aluminum PowerBooks had much better reception. The Apple dude who told you that it was about using an Extreme router was smoking stuff. Is the problem signal strength? Connection speed?

OP
H
Reaction score
It's mainly signal strength issues. My girlfriend's PC here has full signal, while I'm struggling to hold 2 "bars" (the dot and the ( ).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.